We appreciate that the human resource requirements of employers are far more wide-ranging than the headline employment disputes. Frequently, we are called upon to advise where a client wishes to avoid a formal legal process or when there has been a change in legislation on which the client wants to be updated. Our focus is very much on avoiding and managing risk.
Advice is provided on how best to implement changes in legislation in a practical and sensitive way to ensure good work practices and industrial relations.
We have extensive experience in representation before the Employment Appeals Tribunal, Labour Relations Commission and before the Courts.
We provide advice on such matters as:
- Employment law implications of mergers and acquisitions
- Contracts for services for consultants and independent contractors
- The termination of employment contracts
- Confidentiality agreements and restraint of trade agreements
- Bullying and harassment
- Work-related stress issues
- Atypical workers
- Employee benefits and pensions
- Employment equality and discrimination advice
- Representation before all employment law forums including The High Court, the Employment
- tribunals Tribunal, Equality Tribunal, Rights Commissioner and the Labour Court
- Executive service contracts
- Re-organisations and redundancies
- Personnel policies and procedures
- Employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Leave and flexible working arrangements
- Information and consultation
- Immigration and work permits